Things are going really well. We have 3-4 investigators who are planning to be baptized in July and another one on August 1st, but after all of that we're going to have some work to do to find some more lost sheep. Our Ward Mission Plans are probably similar to Mesa's because most of them are based on Elder Perry's plan. Each auxillary (High Priest, Elders, YM, YW, Relief Society, and Primary) all meet at a coordination meeting each week and come up with five names to discuss who could use fellowshipping or missionary visits. The members are the best way to find people because I once heard a stat that like 1 in 1000 people you find by tracting get baptized and the ratio is a lot better when members make referrals. In Utah that's probably WAY too many names because there isn't very many less actives or non members in the ward but there is no rule that says you have to stay within the boundaries. The worth of souls is great in the sight of God.
Funny story happened this week.
We went over to a lady's house to help her move a couch across the street and after we were done we asked if there was anything else that we could do. She said there is a yucky, dirty, messy job in the back yard so we said, "Put us to work!" Around in the back yard on the side of the house there were big 5 gallon buckets filled with wheat, and then some filled with honey. We carried several of them all the way back around the house and stacked them up on the front porch but they were soo heavy! So, being the efficient missionaries we are, we decided to lift them up over the brick wall that separated the next door neighbor and then go right to the front yard and it would take a lot less time! I lifted the buckets up onto the wall, and then Cichy would grab them and place them on the floor and we would both then take them to the front porch. The wheat filled buckets were easy, they were light. But once I got to the honey, I thought my arms were going to snap in half as I tried to lift them above my head and onto the wall. We got one of the honey buckets down and were onto the second and I lifted it up onto the wall, and Cichy grabbed it and as he did, the handle broke and a 5 gallon bucket of honey hit the concrete and broke in half and spilled ALL OVER the neighbor's driveway. Being on the other side of the wall I didn't know what happened until I hear this, "Oh no, no... NO. No. Mouritsen! No.. no no no no no..." I get up on the wall and look on the ground and just start laughing so uncontrollably that I just about fall off into the honey. It was so bad, and was just thick as ever (I have a picture I'll try to send sometime). So we went and told the lady who lived there and she kinda giggled and then gave us a dust pan to scoop it up and put it into a garbage can. Cichy had to take off his shoes and socks and was walking through the hot, dark colored, sticky honey which was now on the scaulding hot cement. It was so funny to watch him tippy toe while scooping it up while I kept it from getting in the cracks of the house with a scraper. After we got most of it scooped up we grabbed a hose and a wire brush and did the best that we could to clean the rest of it up. The guy who lived there was way nice and understood just as long as we cleaned it up. Afterwards we laughed our heads off and probably will continue to laugh as long as we live.
Other than that not much has happened. Jeff (the 50 year old man who lives with his mom and makes money by pushing a cart around with cold drinks in it) told me that I should be in a Colgate commercial when I get home. hahaha.
We also went on exchanges on Friday and the district leader came to our place while Cichy went to their area. I had to take him around and tract forever. I don't even know the area really at all but it went pretty good and we found a few new investigators! He's awesome though. He lives in the handle of Idaho and is a MAJOR hunter. He told me non stop stories of grizzly, black bear, wolf, and mountain lion encounters he's had while hunting elk and deer. Yeah we get a long kinda well... haha.
The missionaries in our zone are singing in stake priesthood meeting on July 11th and I'm going to try to record it on my camera so you will be able to hear it. :/ haha
I love you all and I hope all is well!
Elder Mouritsen
We also went on exchanges on Friday and the district leader came to our place while Cichy went to their area. I had to take him around and tract forever. I don't even know the area really at all but it went pretty good and we found a few new investigators! He's awesome though. He lives in the handle of Idaho and is a MAJOR hunter. He told me non stop stories of grizzly, black bear, wolf, and mountain lion encounters he's had while hunting elk and deer. Yeah we get a long kinda well... haha.
The missionaries in our zone are singing in stake priesthood meeting on July 11th and I'm going to try to record it on my camera so you will be able to hear it. :/ haha
I love you all and I hope all is well!
Elder Mouritsen

No comments:
Post a Comment