Wow... That's all I can say!
I got emotional reading about dad and Dave. That is unbelievable! Man I bet the feeling of being at that finish line was intense. I want to do that race! Before I never in the world thought I would even want to do something like that but now I think it would be a good, fun, wholesome, slightly insane goal. :)
Who do we live with now? Elder Smith got transferred. His companion, Elder Griessmann, didn't. Elder Griessmann is now training a HUGE football player from Maryland named Elder Miller. He's pretty legit. There were a whole bunch of other changes as well. Elder Tameilau, who was trained by Elder Cichy right before I got with him, is back in the Country Gables/Campbello area. Tameilau is a 6'4" Tongan who played Olympic rugby but gave it up to come on the mission. He is planning to go to Utah or BYU after the mission and play Defensive End. We consider our zone to be "stacked" now. haha Some of the "herbies" were transferred and I am extremely excited! Yes I refer back to that letter you sent me a while ago frequently. So that was transfers.
Wednesday I went to Physical Therapy. There were some questions about which insurance I should use (home or missionary medical). The home insurance would require me to pay a $35 copay each visit which would be a lot of money. Missionary Medical only has a ten dollar copay but I just want to know how many visits I will be able to get. That is the decision I'm left with I guess. I got back there and they asked me several questions. They sat me down on the table and wanted to figure out how much range of movement/flexibility my right arm has so that they will know how far they can go with my left arm. I will have you know that when they were measuring my right arm they asked if I was a pitcher for a baseball team because it was abnormal compared to most. That made me feel reeaaallll good. :) They took the measurements, then went to the left arm. I was lying on my back and she told me to just relax my body and let her stretch my shoulder. She lifted my arm up away from my body so my arm was at a 90 degree angle with my body and started to take it back along side my head. She told me to tell her as soon as I started feeling pain and she would stop and measure the angle. She said normally, two weeks after surgery, people will only be able to go back about 10 degrees from the 90 degree point. Oddly, I felt no pain and she went further, and further, and further making comments like "this is nuts." "This is extremely abnormal." "When did you have surgery again?" until my shoulder was back as far as my right was measured. I felt a little twinge of pain when she took it that far. It was amazing! She then did the other stretches and measurements and the same thing happened. Originally, I had planned to have 2-3 visits a week from week 2 after surgery till the end. Now I will be only having 1 visit a week until I get my sling off or even after. It's a miracle! She even made the comment that I probably wouldn't even need my sling but to keep it on until the surgeon told me to remove it. It's amazing that I have no pain. The priesthood is real, prayers are answered. Nuff said.
We had a good lesson with a former investigator named Ryan Reardon. He was taught a couple months ago but went back to some of his old ways and fell away from the teachings. He committed himself to start doing better and is now wanting to get baptized. He has seriously quit every addiction there is that has to do with the Word of Wisdom and the Law of Chastity. He's committed to baptism for October 8th.
Another "elect" person just showed up to our church on Sunday. His name is Gabriel and he is from Iraq. He says he has only been in this area for 5 days and he doesn't know English very well at all. He said he had been researching the church for a while and was just waiting for someone to give him an Arabic Book of Mormon. Wow... We just happened to have one in the truck so we ran out and got it for him while he was sitting in Gospel Principles class. When I handed it to him, he looked at me and said, "This is the best gift I have received in the entire time I have been in the United States!" That just made me smile. He started flipping through the pages which to me looked like chicken scratches and smiled every time he came to a scripture he wanted to finally understand. This is how I want to end my letter. The Book of Mormon is such a powerful testament of Jesus Christ. I swear whenever things are going rough either Nephi, Alma, Mormon, Moroni, Abinadi, etc know how to make it right. It truly is the best gift we can receive! It helps one feel the spirit, which helps one gain a testimony, which helps one repent, which helps one to be baptized, receive the gift of the Holy Ghost, and endure to the end. It is true!
Well I love you all. I love this work. I think I will get the package tomorrow when they train the mission on the mormon.org boom that is coming to Phoenix. I don't know if I told you but Phoenix is getting nuked with advertisement starting October 1st so hopefully it boosts the missionary work.
Dad you are amazing. I love your testimony and your determination to endure trials because the end result is so worth it. Through the hard things we learn how to cope with harder things that the Lord would have us do in the future!
Love you!
Elder Mouritsen
Monday, September 12, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment