Quotes of the week - Sent from Elder Colton Mouritsen

Lately I've been thinking a lot about the "absolutes" I've learned on my mission. Some come from one-liner quotes, others are single principles. You will probably recognize some. Here's a few:

"There is no comfort in a growing zone, but no growing in a comfort zone."
"You are as happy as you are obedient."
"The Atonement of Jesus Christ is real."
"Our potential is incomprehensible."
"Submitting to the Father's will, obedience, and righteous actions breed spiritual and even temporal/professional education and knowledge."
"Callings are seldom convenient...they come first."
"It's a choice to be happy and to get along."
"Sacrifice brings forth the blessings of Heaven."
“The opportunity of a lifetime can be missed by not seizing it in the lifetime of the opportunity."
"We are saved by grace, after all we can do."
"Attitude is everything."
"The Lord's hands are in the details."
"The church is true."

Elder Mouritsen's Mission Timeline

Elder Mouritsen's Mission Timeline

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

The Beginning

Hello family:

I have arrived safely and have already been uplifted greatly. My MTC box # is 205. I love you all so much and appreciate all your support. My companion is Elder Smith from Pine, Colorado and he's an awesome guy we get along really well. Today went like this: literally ran from the curb to get my picture, packets, paper work, MTC card, and all other information, went to my dorm, got the bottom bunk, then went to class for about 2 and a half hours. We then ate dinner which was not the most splendid of meals, but it definitely filled me up. Then two hours of class time which i'll tell you about later but they are kicking me off the computer. I love you guys so much and miss you tons! Hope all went well today... I bet Madi has already moved in to my room.

Elder Colton Matthew Mouritsen
MTC Mailbox # 205
AZ-PHX 0601
2005 N 900 E
Provo, UT 84604-1793

Love you tons.

Elder Mouritsen

No comments:

Post a Comment