Quotes of the week - Sent from Elder Colton Mouritsen

Lately I've been thinking a lot about the "absolutes" I've learned on my mission. Some come from one-liner quotes, others are single principles. You will probably recognize some. Here's a few:

"There is no comfort in a growing zone, but no growing in a comfort zone."
"You are as happy as you are obedient."
"The Atonement of Jesus Christ is real."
"Our potential is incomprehensible."
"Submitting to the Father's will, obedience, and righteous actions breed spiritual and even temporal/professional education and knowledge."
"Callings are seldom convenient...they come first."
"It's a choice to be happy and to get along."
"Sacrifice brings forth the blessings of Heaven."
“The opportunity of a lifetime can be missed by not seizing it in the lifetime of the opportunity."
"We are saved by grace, after all we can do."
"Attitude is everything."
"The Lord's hands are in the details."
"The church is true."

Elder Mouritsen's Mission Timeline

Elder Mouritsen's Mission Timeline

Monday, August 22, 2011

August 22, 2011: Shoulder Surgery Tomorrow

Surgery is scheduled for Tuesday, August 23 at 11:00 a.m. I was reading through the little pamphlets they gave me regarding the pre-op and post-op stuff. The doctor recommended that I get a nerve block so that the pain can be eliminated for 18-20 hours after the surgery. She also told me that since I'm young that there is a chance that I will only be cooped up in a member's home for 3 days! She says it all depends on the person. I'm gonna do what the doctor orders on this one unlike what I did with the wisdom teeth. Eating an enchilada and jumping on the trampoline probably weren't what I shoulda done... haha. I think it was because all my wisdom was taken out with the teeth... :/ Anyway, things are well! I have faith! She told me that the anesthetic is going to be pretty strong and there is a possibility that they will have to do an incision. There is a very good chance that I will pass out in the pre-op discussion. My feet were going numb just while reading the pamphlet!

No comments:

Post a Comment